Soil Erosion Permits

A soil erosion permit is required if 10,000 square feet or more of land is going to be disturbed. When site work is less than 10,000 square feet, soil erosion measures (silt fences, straw barriers, etc.) are still required to be put in place.

A soil erosion permit is not required for the construction of a single family dwelling; however, the application for an agreement in lieu of an erosion and sediment control plan must be signed by homeowner as well as a Certified Land Disturber.

Soil Erosion Forms: